Café Kitsune Recipes
Sunday is ‘Carrot Cake’ day! Here’s our recipe from Café Kitsuné Aoyama :
All you need is:
– 220g of carrot (about 1 carrot)
– 2 eggs
– 180g of cane sugar
– 120ml of grape seed oil
– 180g of cake flour
– 1 teaspoon of baking soda
– 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
– 1.5 teaspoons of baking powder
– 60g of walnuts for the cake and 20g for the topping
– 10g of pistachios
– Home-made icing
First step, prepare your home-made icing by mixing 100g of cream cheese, 25g of sugar, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and set aside.
– Preheat the oven to 170°C,
– In a bowl, whisk the eggs, add the cane sugar and mix well,
– Grate the carrot,
– Add the grape seed oil and stir well, then add the grated carrot and… mix it up again!
– Sift the cake flour,
– Pour the sifted cake flour, the baking soda, the baking powder and the cinnamon into the mixture, and stir,
– Once well blended together, chop the walnuts, add them and mix roughly,
– Line a round baking pan with baking paper and pour the mixture in. Bake it at 170°C for 50 minutes,
– Remove the carrot cake from the mould, wrap it in a plastic wrap and let it at room temperature for 30min,
– Cut it into 8 pieces, then spread your home-made icing on top, and refrigerate it for 20 minutes,
– Once the icing has set, cut again the slice, chop the walnuts and the pistachios, then top the carrot cake with…Et voilà!
– 140g of Philadelphia cheese 45g of butter
– 60g of milk
– 25g of T45 flour
– 25g of T55 flour
– 15g of corn starch
– 5 eggs
– 100g of sugar
– 1/2 yellow lemon juice
– 1 piece of yellow lemon peel
– Prepare the springform pan and the baking paper. Heat the oven to 150°C.
– In a saucepan, whisk the Philadelphia cheese, the butter and the milk together at medium heat until it forms a smooth batter. Remove from the heat and keep aside.
– Separate egg yolks from egg whites. Beat the egg yolks with 30g of sugar, and pour it into to the Philadelphia cheese mixture while stirring.
– Sift the flour together with the corn starch into the Philadelphia cheese mixture and stir carefully to avoid lumps.
– Add the yellow lemon juice and peel.
– In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff, and gradually incorporate the rest of the sugar.
– Slowly and gently fold the beaten egg whites into the Philadelphia cheese mixture in three steps.
– Pour the cake mixture into the springform pan lined with baking paper. Put the filled springform pan in a larger pan and add hot water to reach halfway up the side of the smaller one, to prepare a water bath.
– Bake it at 150°C for 80 minutes. Be patient, do not open the oven door during the baking. Serve it after it has cooled down.
Bon appétit !
CAFÉ KITSUNÉ BROWNIE
– 200g of dark chocolate 54%
– 120g of half-salt butter
– 100g of brown sugar
– 50g of sugar
– 3 eggs
– 75g of flour
– 1 vanilla bean
– 100g of pecans
– Preheat the oven to 180°C,
– Add the melted dark chocolate to the melted half-salt butter,
– Beat the eggs with the sugar and gradually incorporate the dark chocolate plus butter mixture while stirring,
– Add the flour, the vanilla bean and stir carefully to avoid lumps,
– Pour the mixture into a mould and scatter the pecans over it,
– Bake at 180°C for 20min,
Serve warm or at room temperature and enjoy!
WHITE MATCHA LATTE
– 2 generous spoons of white chocolate chips
– 2 teaspoons of matcha powder
– 2 cups of milk or plant-based milk
– 1 cup of hot water
– Put the white chocolate chips in a large cup and add the matcha powder (ground with sieve)
– Melt it with hot water, stir and mix until you get a smooth result
– Steam your milk medium foam
– Pour the steamed milk over the melted white chocolate and matcha powder mixture, et voilà!
First step, prepare your home-made virgin sauce:
– Mix 300g of pickles, 100g of black olives, 20g of capers, 60g of shallots, 40g of dried tomatoes and 40g of flat-leaf parsley,
– Add 80ml of garlic oil and 80ml of olive oil to the mixture, and mix it up!
For two avocado toasts, all you need is:
– 30g of toasted cereal bread
– 1/2 avocado
– 7g of chopped shallots
– 13ml of home-made virgin sauce
– 2ml of yellow lemon juice
– Coriander leaves, paprika and salt
– Some capers, purple olives and dried tomatoes for the decoration
– Mash the avocado and mix it with the chopped shallots,
– Season with your home-made virgin sauce, yellow lemon juice, salt and mix well,
– Toast the cereal bread brushed with your home-made virgin sauce,
– Place the avocado filling on the toasted cereal bread,
– Sprinkle with paprika, add coriander leaves, capers, purple olives and dried tomatoes.
Served immediately and enjoy!